Use of this site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
1. The Secretariat of the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (the “Secretariat”) maintains this web site (the "Site") as a courtesy to anyone who may choose to access the Site ("User"). The information presented herein is for information purposes only. The Secretariat grants permission to the User to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute, compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Materials within this Site.
2. The Secretariat administers this Site. All Materials on this Site from the Secretariat are subject to these terms and conditions.
3. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are those of the various Secretariat’s staff members, consultants and advisers to the Secretariat who prepared the work (collectively, “Content Providers”) and do not necessarily represent the views of the Secretariat or Parties to the Convention.
1. Materials on this Site are provided without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The Secretariat specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. The Secretariat periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall the Secretariat be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall the Secretariat be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if the Secretariat has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
2. The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that the Secretariat is not liable for any conduct of any User.
3. This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various content providers. The Secretariat does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any Content Provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at User's own risk. Neither of the Content Providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
4. As a condition of use of this Site, the User agrees to indemnify the Secretariat from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of the User's use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these terms and conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of its terms and conditions of use of this Site, the User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
5. This Site contains links and references to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the Secretariat and the Secretariat is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Secretariat provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the Secretariat.
6. As this Site contains bulletin boards and access to mailing lists, the User agrees to use these boards and lists only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular facility. By way of example, and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a list, the User shall not do any of the following:
a. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
b. Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
c. Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
d. Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
e. Delete any the author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
f. Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
g. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a forum that User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.;
h. Harvest email or other forms of addresses by any means in order to collate them into lists for use in commercial or non-commercial mailings.
Preservation of immunities
8. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
Country and area denomination; mention of companies or products
9. The use of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgment by the Secretariat as to the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries. The mention of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of the Secretariat. The designations of regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgment about the composition of a particular region.
10. The Secretariat reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Materials in any respect. The Secretariat shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
11. The Secretariat reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice. No waiver by the Secretariat of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly the authorized representative.